For the most part, SA is a safe place to live but, that does not mean that the area is free from crime and violence. infarct, there are many regions in South Africa dealing with rising rates of violent crimes.
Recently, South Africans were given the grim news on Tuesday that the murder rate had increased in the last financial year, after Police Minister and his team presented the 2017/18 crime statistics in Parliament.
Sure to be on every citizen’s minds are where they or their property are the most likely to be a target of violence or threatening “contact crime”.
South African police released the top stations where these so-called contact crimes were most reported or recorded.
Contact crimes include murder, attempted murder, assault with grievous bodily harm, common assault, common robbery, robbery aggravating and sexual assault.
Here are the top 10 stations for contact crime (number of cases):
1) Johannesburg Central in Gauteng – 5,253 cases
2) Nyanga (Cape Town) in the Western Cape – 4,784
3) Mitchells Plain (Cape Town) in the Western Cape – 4,362
4) Hillbrow (Johannesburg) in Gauteng – 4,334
5) Kagiso (Krugersdorp) in Gauteng – 3,580
6) Khayelitsha (Cape Town) in the Western Cape – 3,477
7) Dobsonville (Soweto) in Gauteng – 3,373,
8) Umlazi in KwaZulu-Natal – 3,313
9) Inanda in KwaZulu-Natal – 3,194
10) Delft (Cape Town) in the Western Cape – 3 181.
Lastly, these are the top 10 stations for murder:
1) Nyanga in the Western Cape
2) Umlazi in KwaZulu-Natal
3) Philippi East in the Western Cape
4) Inanda in KwaZulu-Natal
5) Delft in the Western Cape
6) Khayelitsha in the Western Cape
7) Kraaifontein in the Western Cape
8) Gugulethu in the Western Cape
9) Mthatha in the Eastern Cape
10) Mfuleni in the Western Cape
SAPS Crime Stats 2017/18: Aggravated Robbery
AD: Get a professional website for you business, and a free business email.. Click Here
Join the conversation.. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter So you don't miss out on our posts. You can also Subscribe to receive daily updates.