Study: Terrifying Facts About Nigerian Women and STDs
Terrifying Facts About Nigerian Women and STDs
Nearly 200 women scattered all around Nigeria, were convinced to talk about their sexual health habits in our survey, and the results might surprise you.
Before i say anything, i think its only fair to remind you that having unprotected sex put you at risk of contracting something. Because as much as we’d like to think our current partners have never rumbled with another person, that’s probably not the case.
In partnership with several of my concerned friends, we polled 178 women on safe sex, sexually transmitted diseases, etc.
The poll which was conducted mainly on Facebook chats, whatsapp and twitter revealed some terrifying facts.
- The majority of women surveyed (58 percent of them, in fact) rarely or never use condoms.
- 98 percent of the women surveyed rarely or never use protection during oral sex. (yes, it is possible,”. Herpes, oral cancer-causing HPV, gonorrhea, and chlamydia can all travel between nether regions and mouths. Male condoms, female condoms, and dental dams can all provide protection during oral sex).
- 67% of the women surveyed revealed that they have never been tested for any STDs.
- 37 percent say they’ve never talked to a partner about STD prevention.
- 40% don’t care whether their partner uses a condom or not.
This study proves that many Nigerian women just don’t recognize the benefits of condom usage, or they do but just choose to ignore the facts because they feel that nothing would happen to them, until it does.
In Nigeria, more than 10 million new cases of sexually transmitted infections occur every year., the worst of which is aids.
Apart from abstinence, condoms are the surest way to prevent one from contracting an Std. But if you can’t abstain, try reminding or convincing your man to use a condom whenever you guys want to rumble.