Construction work has commenced on Africa’s tallest building in Kenya . This is after His Excellency; the President of Kenya laid the foundation stone earlier this year.
The 70-floor mixed-use twin tower development dubbed Pinnacle Towers is located in Nairobi’s Upperhill area and will cost a whopping US$ 194m for it to be complete.
It will encompass a 45-floor Hilton hotel that is being developed by Hass Petroleum and White Lotus Group and at 900 feet; the building will have the highest viewing deck in Africa.
The Pinnacle will comprise of two towers, the shorter one primarily housing Hilton Hotel, and the taller one mixing commercial office, luxury apartments and a 3-storey shopping mall.
On completion, Pinnacle Towers will be among the tallest buildings in the world with Dubai’s Burj Khalifa being the tallest currently at 800M, Malaysia’s Petronas Towers stands at about 400M which compares well with The Pinnacle’s 300M.
Backed by the Dubai-based project developers, White Lotus Group and Hass Petroleum of Nairobi, Kenya, the new luxury, development includes two glass-facade towers – one comprising 70 storeys with 20 floors commercial (11 offices and nine retail) and the balance consisting of 209 opulent residential apartments, and the other tower the 45-storey, 255-room Hilton Hotel with conference facilities, luxury spa, gym and open-air infinity pool.”
The Pinnacle will include offices, a helipad, a shopping mall and basement parking, as well as a viewing deck with views to Mount Kilimanjaro and Mount Kenya. Other features are four high-speed passenger lifts dedicated for residents – travelling at six metres per second, a back-up water supply served by borehole and water storage tanks, back-up generators and built-in internet infrastructure, satellite TV and air conditioning.
To this point, the developers have spent US$ 14m in the construction of the foundation and preparation stage. The total cost will be fully funded through equity and debt.
- The Tallest Building In Africa – 70 Floors 70 floors and will be above 300 metres tall – The Pinnacle would be the tallest building in Africa
- Grade A Commercial Offices 11 floors of exclusive Class A Offices covering 75,000 Square feet of gross lettable area.
- Luxury Apartments & Residential Tower 46 floors of 210 luxury residential apartments.
- 5 Star Hilton Hotel257 luxury hotel rooms and large suites, a selection of stylish restaurants and bars, extensive banqueting and conference facilities
- A luxury Health Spa and an open-air pool at the Hilton.
- Shopping Mall And Entertainment Centre5 floor
The mega development is projected to be complete by 2021, although the 255-room hotel may be completed earlier.