Pregnancy plays an important role in all of our lives. It is the reason we humans (animals too) are all here. It is the reason our ancestors were here. It is the reason that human society can move forward at all.
By the end of this listicle, you will most likely have found out several things that you didn’t know before about this extremely painful aspect of our nature.
1. Female kangaroos (or does) are basically always pregnant. If there is a drought or famine, however, they can pause their pregnancies.
2. Up until the 1960’s, the only way to determine whether a woman was pregnant or not was to inject her urine into a female African clawed frog. If the woman was pregnant, the frog would ovulate within several hours.
3. Hormones released while breastfeeding help shrink the uterus back to its pre pregnancy size.
4. If a pregnant woman suffers damage to one of her organs (for example a heart attack), the fetus sends stem cells to repair it.
5. Biologists at Cornell University found that morning sicknesses is mother natures way of clearing toxins out of a pregnant woman’s body (by way of vomit).
6. In 1991, Gaby Siegel, a brain dead woman, was kept alive artificially for three months because she was pregnant. She delivered a healthy son.
7. The first pregnancy tests were in Ancient Egypt. A woman would pee on a field of wheat and barley. If wheat sprouted it was a girl, if barley sprouted it was a boy, and if nothing sprouted, she wasn’t pregnant.
8. According to historical sources, another common way ancient Egypt and Greece detected whether a woman was pregnant was to use either garlic or onions. The woman would go to sleep in her bed as normal with food placed near or even into the vagina . In the morning, they would then be tested to see if the smell from the garlic had moved through her body onto her breath. If not, this would mean she was pregnant as the baby was blocking the aroma from traveling through the body by clogging the womb.
9. Mosquitos normally drink nectar. They only suck on blood when they are pregnant.
10. If a woman gets pregnant while she is pregnant it is called superfetation.
AD: Get a professional website for you business, and a free business email.. Click Here
Join the conversation.. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter So you don't miss out on our posts. You can also Subscribe to receive daily updates.