Nigeria is rated among the top 10 Countries with the highest fertility rates in the world. Based on the data obtained from the World Population review, the vast majority of the countries in the world with the highest fertility rates are in Africa with Niger topping the list at 7.153 Children per woman and Nigeria sitting at the 9th position with 5.417 Children per woman.
The vast majority of the countries in the world with the highest fertility rates are in Africa, with Niger topping the list of Countries with the highest fertility rates in the world at 7.153 children per woman, followed by Somalia at 6.123 children per woman. The Democratic Republic of Congo, Mali and Chad follow at 5.963, 5.922 and 5.797 children per woman, respectively. The North African country of Tunisia has the lowest fertility rate on the continent at 2.147 children per woman – a figure that puts it roughly in the middle of the two hundred countries listed.
The fertility rate is the average number of children a woman gives birth to in her Childbearing years, with Nigeria having a fertility rate of approximately 5 children per woman. Nigeria is growing at a fast pace and her population growth is amongst the top 25 highest in the world.
Research has shown that lack of access to birth control and contraception in the third world countries also contributes to higher fertility rate. Other major factors are lack of awareness, preventive measures or poor living conditions.
See full list of Top 10 African Countries With The Highest Fertility Rates In 2018 below
1. Niger – Niger tops the list of Countries With The Highest Fertility Rates in Africa with 7.153 children per woman.
2. Somalia – Somalia is second on the list of countries With The Highest Fertility Rates in Africa with an average of 6 children per woman
3. Dr Congo – 5.963 children per woman
4. Mali – 5.922 children per woman
5. Chad – 5.797 children per woman
6. Angola – 5.589 children per woman
7. Burundi – 5.577 children per woman
8. Uganda – 5.456 children per woman
9. Nigeria – Nigeria the giant of Africa unsurprisingly made the list of countries With the Highest Fertility Rates in Africa with an average 5.417 children per woman
10. Gambia – 5.318 children per woman
Other African countries on the list of Countries With The Highest Fertility Rates in Africa include:
35. Ghana – 3.893 children per woman, 41st in the world
37. Kenya – 3.774 children per woman 44th in the world
49. South Africa – 2.414 children per woman 88th in the world