A patriotic Nigerian and a staunch advocate of federalism in its proper sense, Mr. Onumah in his book ‘We Are All Biafrans’ contends that most, if not all, of the problems of Nigeria today are located in the way the country is structured and the only way things can go forward is if we start seeing ourselves as a people.
Here are 7 things you need to know about the book we are all Biafrans.
1. The book “We Are All Biafrans” was written by Chido Onumah and was published by Parresia Publishers Ltd and African Centre for Media & Information Literacy, in partnership with the Shehu Musa Yar’Adua Foundation and was presented to the public on May 31.
2. The book is a compilation of 43 articles (essays) published in traditional and online newspapers in the last three years (2013-2016).
3. We are all Biafrans is a clarion call to reclaim a country that is on the verge of national suicide. It seeks to trigger the debate that will eventually nudge Nigerians towards kick-starting the process of a genuine re-invention of the country, it does not in anyway support the Biafran movement.
4. The book has just five chapters.
i. “The Politics of 2015”.
ii. “Dancing on the Brink”.
iii. “Unmaking Nigeria”.
iv. “Of Scoundrels and Statesmen”.
v. “Last ‘Missionary’ Journey”.
5. With its 5 chapters, the book was designed as a platform to reinforce the debate about federalism and national reconciliation, the event is expected to draw Nigerians from all walks of life to negotiate the terms of our co-existence as nigerians and not just as igbo, yoruba, hausa, fulani etc,
6. The book ‘We are all biafrans’ is an addition to Chido Onumah two previous books, Time to Reclaim Nigeria published in 2011 and Nigeria is negotiable published 2013.
7. You can download the book ‘We Are All Biafrans’ on Amazon.
Here is a REVIEW by Chidi Anselm Odinkalu.
For more details about the book you can also visit his website