Contrary to popular beliefs, the differences between a male and female – behavior wise – are not due to culture, but due to biological differences in the structure and regions of our brain. Here are 7 interesting facts about the female brain you just need to know.
1. There are chemicals that influences the female brain during a conflict or quarrell that makes them inquisitive.
That is why Women “want to know,” and the “not knowing” frustrates them.
In lieu of this, The “silent treatment” may be the most painful action a man can adopt when working through a conflict with a woman.
2. Due to their large hippocampus, Women’s brain have been shown to have greater recall and memory than men’s. This explains why they do well academically. And also explains why they can bring things up from the past. Technically, their brain is a vault.
3. Recent Studies have shown that unlike men who only listen with the left side of their brain, women listen with both sides of their brain.
4. Women’s intuition is not just a myth, scientists have theorized that women may have a sort of “sixth sense” that developed over the ages as they gave birth to and cared for their kids. We all know it can be pretty hard to figure out what’s bothering a crying baby, so in response, women may have developed that intuition that men just don’t have simply because they needed it.
5. On average, the female brain is about 10 percent smaller than a guys brain. This may probably be due to the fact that on average, guys are 10 percent larger than girls.
6. The female brain has a higher proportion of gray matter (a region of the brain involved in muscle control, and sensory perception such as seeing and hearing, memory, emotions, speech, decision making, and self- control) while the male brain has a higher proportion of white matter. Having more gray matter may explain why young women are usually more efficient in processing information, often have stronger verbal skills, and usually excel at juggling several activities.
7. The Female brain is characterised with a large hippocampus and a deeper limbic system which includes the hypothalamus, the hippocampus, the amygdala, and several other nearby areas. All this put together, are primarily responsible for our emotional life. The combination of a large hippocamppus and a deeper limbic system allows them to feel the full range and depth of the emotional spectrum far more than men.
AD: Get a professional website for you business, and a free business email.. Click Here
Join the conversation.. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter So you don't miss out on our posts. You can also Subscribe to receive daily updates.