Father’s Day is celebrating its 106th anniversary this year on June 19, and it all began when a young woman wanted to honor her dad who single-handedly raised her and her siblings after her mother passed away. Here are 7 eye opening facts about fathers/fathers day to celebrate our fathers.
1. The idea of creating a special day to honor fathers was gotten by Sonora Smart Dodd during a Mother’s Day church service on June 20, 1909.
2. The first Father’s Day was observed in a church in the State of Washington on June 19, 1910. During the service young women handed out red roses to their fathers.
3. Following the success of the first fathers day celebration, The idea of officially celebrating fatherhood spread quickly across the United States, as more and more states adopted the holiday.
4. In 1924, President Calvin Coolidge recognized Father’s Day as the third Sunday in June of that year and encouraged states to do the same. Congress officially recognized Father’s Day in 1956 with the passage of a joint resolution.
5. Father’s Day is celebrated at different times around the world, Spain and Belgium celebrate fathers on March 19; Australia and New Zealand celebrate theirs on the first Sunday in September; and in Britain, Canada, Africa and the U.S., Father’s Day is celebrated on the third Sunday in June.
6. Children in homes without a father have significantly higher chance of becoming incarcerated than those who live in a household with both parents, even after controlling for income. Children who never had a father in the household had even higher chances.
7. Approximately 63% of youth suicides in the U.S. Alone are kids who live in a home without a father.
AD: Get a website today.. No advance payment needed. Website | Whatsapp | Call