Top 10 Best Airports in Africa, 2018 – Skytrax Awards
South Africa’s airports have once again been recognised on the global aviation stage – this time at the 2018 Skytrax Awards held in Stockholm, Sweden.
Cape Town International Airport was awarded first place in the category for Best Airport in Africa for the third consecutive year, next is Durban international Airport followed by O.R Tambo airport also in South Africa. In total, six South African Airports made it into the top 10 best airports in Africa 2018:
The listing below shows the Top 10 Best Airports in Africa ranked by the 2018 World Airport Awards.
Top 10 Best Airports in Africa, 2018
1. Cape Town International Airport, South Africa
2. Durban International Airport, South Africa
3. O. R. Tambo International Airport, South Africa
4. Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport, Mauritius
5. Marrakesh Menara Airport, Morocco
6. East London Airport, South Africa
7. Seychelles International Airport, Seychelles
8. Port Elizabeth International Airport, South Africa
9. Bloemfontein Airport, South Africa
10. Cairo International Airport, Egypt
The awards are the outcome of the views of customers in the largest independent global airport customer satisfaction survey. The Skytrax Awards are based on more than 14-million airport survey questionnaires that were completed by air travellers of more than 100 nationalities during the survey period.
The survey covered more than 550 airports worldwide. It evaluated traveller experiences across 39 key performance indicators from check-in, arrivals, transfers, shopping, security and immigration, through to departure at the gate.
Latest posts by Anele (see all)
- Press Freedom 2018: Top 20 Best Ranking African Countries - April 25, 2018
- Press Freedom: Ghana Tops Africa In 2018 RSF Index - April 25, 2018
- Nigeria Rises In World Press Freedom 2018 Ranking - April 25, 2018