Richest Black Women In The World – Forbes 2017
According to Forbes, these are the wealthiest black women in the world.
For years Oprah Winfrey had the crown as the richest and only billionaire black woman; but everything changed far back in 2014 when Isabel Dos Santos overtook her. Now Oprah is ranked second wealthiest black woman in the world.
3. Folorunsho Alakija – Net Worth: $1.39 Billion
Source of wealth: Fashion and Oil
Folorunsho Alakija Is The first female billionaire from Nigeria and the 14th Richest person in Nigeria and the vice chair of Famfa Oil. Her first company was a fashion label that catered to Nigeria’s elite women, including the wife of former military president, Ibrahim Babangida, who awarded Alakija’s company an oil prospecting license.
2. Oprah Winfrey – Net Worth: $2.8 Billion
Source of wealth: Media
Oprah Winfrey is the richest African American. The majority of her net worth was generated from her 25 year profitable daytime TV show.
Her OWN network had its most-watched year in 2016, but the bulk of Winfrey’s wealth is still derived from her talk show years.
1. Isabel dos Santos – Net Worth: $3.6 Billion
Source of wealth: Investments
The oldest daughter of Angola’s outgoing president and Africa’s richest woman owns a significant stake in Unitel, Angola’s largest mobile phone network, and a stake in Banco BIC. Outside Angola, she owns nearly 6% of oil and gas firm Galp Energia (alongside Portuguese billionaire Americo Amorim), and nearly 19% of Banco BPI, the country’s fourth-largest bank..
Latest posts by Anele (see all)
- Millions Of Africans Are Making Plans To Leave Africa For Europe And U.S. – Study - March 23, 2018
- Top 10 Fun Facts About The Very Unique People Called Nigerians - March 23, 2018
- Black Panther Is The ‘Most Tweeted-About Movie Of All Time’ – Twitter - March 23, 2018