Christmas in Nigeria: The Unarguable Facts
So, that day is here again, christmas.. Here are some facts about Christmas in Nigeria
1. Christmas is the most celebrated annual holiday in Nigeria
About 60 percent of Nigerians are Christians, while the other 40 percent are comprised of Muslims and traditional believers. So its no surprise at all that the season is the most celebrated holiday in Nigeria.
2. Many families would start the day by first going to church, including those who have not being to church since the beginning of the year.
3. All christain families in Nigeria -mine included- would celebrate christmas and about 1 in 3 of this families will kill a chicken -some will kill two- this Christmas. Yea, so many chickens will die this christmas. And i’m talking about more than a 100 million of them.
4. Seeing as the idea of Christmas rice has become a tradition in the country, virtually all Christians in Nigeria will prepare a big pot of rice -jellof rice, fried rice, coconut rice etc- to celebrate the birth of Christ.
5. And this one is a fact, many people are going to purge on this day mainly because they ate so much, more than their stomach could carry.
God i love christmas
Latest posts by Anele (see all)
- Press Freedom 2018: Top 20 Best Ranking African Countries - April 25, 2018
- Press Freedom: Ghana Tops Africa In 2018 RSF Index - April 25, 2018
- Nigeria Rises In World Press Freedom 2018 Ranking - April 25, 2018