17 Very Disturbing Random Facts You Really Don’t Want To Know
There are some things that are just so disturbing that they might chill your bones. Here are 17 very disturbing random facts you really don’t want to know.
1. Casu marzu is a Sardinian cheese that contains live maggots. The maggots can jump up to five inches out of cheese while you’re eating this yummy cheese.
Some people clear the larvae from the cheese before consuming while others do not.
2. There is a snake called the Boomslang found only in sub-saharan Africa, whose venom causes you to bleed out from every orifice on your body and it can take up to 5 days to die from the bleeding.
3. Every square inch of the human body has an average of 32 million bacteria covering it.
4. There’s a church situated in Czech Republic that has a chandelier that’s made entirely of human bones.
5. Castoreum, which is used as vanilla flavoring in numerous candies and bakery items, is actually a secretion from the anal glands of beavers.
6. A can of coca cola actually contains 10 entire teaspoons of sugar. 1 can of this stuff alone equates to more than an entire days recommended daily sugar intake.
7. Just days after your death, the enzymes that digested your food will begin to digest you through a process known as autolysis.
8. More than 80 million parasites are exchanged during a typical kiss.
9. Being healthy is just the slowest rate at which you can die.
10. When you celebrate your birthday you are actually celebrating a day closer to your death.
11. There are over 1,450 species of bacteria living in your belly button.
12. Crucifixion is still an official death penalty in the African country Sudan.
13. There are mites that live in your eyelashes and they come out when you sleep to feed on your dead skin cells.
14. In the middle ages, the needle was used to shove cataracts to the back of eye.
15. Also during the middle ages, they treat hemorrhoids by shoving a hot iron up into the sufferer’s Anus. Because of this painful treatment, many people simply chose to live with the ailment
16. People who sit for 11 hours or more a day are 40 percent more likely to die over the next three years, regardless of whether they are physically active or not, according to a new study.
17. Human trafficking is one of the fastest growing criminal enterprises because it holds relatively low risk with high profit potential. Criminal organizations are increasingly attracted to human trafficking because, unlike drugs, humans can be sold repeatedly.
Latest posts by Anele (see all)
- Millions Still Don’t Have Access To Electricity In Africa - April 20, 2018
- The Kingdom of eSwatini: Swaziland King Changes Country’s Name - April 20, 2018
- Muferiat Kamil: Ethiopia Parliament Elects Female Speaker - April 19, 2018