Anger is an emotion characterized by antagonism toward someone or something you feel has deliberately done you wrong. Anger can be a good thing. It can give you a way to express negative feelings, for example, or motivate you to find solutions to problems. But excessive anger can cause problems. Increased blood pressure and other physical changes associated with anger make it difficult to think straight and harm your physical and mental health. ~ Encyclopedia of Psychology
Below you will find our collection of wise, and warning anger quotes, anger sayings, and anger proverbs, collected from a variety of sources.
Image Source: Madamenoire.com
1. Speak when you are angry, and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret. – Lawrence J. Petr.
2. The strongest person among men is not he who fights everyone but is he who controls is anger. – African Proverb
3. Angry people are not always wise., – Anonymous
4. Anger is a short madness. – Horace
5. Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. – Baptist Beacon
6. Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean. – Maya Angelou
7. Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harm we do, we do to ourselves. – Mitch Albom
8. Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. – Buddha
9. The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present. – Barbara De Angelis
10. It is a waste of energy to be angry with a man who behaves badly just as it is to be angry with a car that won’t go. – Bertrand Russell
11. The greatest remedy for anger is delay. – unknown
12. Postpone today’s anger until tomorrow. – Tagalog (Filipino)
13. To be angry is to revenge the faults of others on ourselves. – Alexander Pope
14. If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow. – Chinese Proverb
15. Anger is often more hurtful than the injury that caused it. – Anonymous
Join the conversation.. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter So you don't miss out on our posts. You can also Subscribe to receive daily updates.