The wonders of colours: 10 Fascinating Facts You Didn’t Know About Colors
The wonders of colours: Here are 10 Fascinating Facts About Colors….
1. Women and men see colours differently
According to this study, Men and women do not see colors the same way. Apparently this is because the male and female brains process information about color differently.
While men are more attuned to seeing fine detail and objects that move rapidly, women are better at differentiating between colors.
2. Blue is the most common favorite color
Blue is the most favored color in the world, with purple being a distant second.
3. There are people who fear certain colours
CChromophobia (also known as Chromatophobia) is the rare, persistent, irrational fear of colors. Some people who have this disorder will react strongly to certain shades or tones, while others will try to avoid color altogether. The signs and symptoms of chromotophobia includes: nausea, dizziness, shortness of breath, feelings of panic, elevated heart rate and blood pressure, anxiety, light headedness, headache, and trembling.
4. Red is the first color a baby sees
Recent studies have shown that infants as young as 2 weeks of age can already distinguish the color red. According to Sciencists this is probably because red has the longest wavelength among colors making it the easiest color to process by the developing receptors and nerves in the baby’s eyes.
5. Colours and attraction
Colors are responsible for 62-90% of our first impressions of one another. If you prefer a particular color, you may be subconsciously drawn to other individuals who are wearing that color.
6. Mosquitoes are attracted to dark colours
When planning to go to bed, better not wear your dark-colored shirts unless you’re a mosquito lover. Research has shown that mosquitoes are attracted to dark colors especially blue. So instead, wear light colored shirts and loose fitting long sleeves.
7. Red light is soothing for chickens
Poultry owners would love to try this out. Apparently It helps them to calm down, sleep better.
Images Source: pixabay
Latest posts by Anele (see all)
- Nigeria Forecasted To Become The Extreme Poverty Capital Of The World By 2018 - November 19, 2017
- 7 Things Our Nigerian Pastors Can Learn from Pope Francis - November 19, 2017
- Top 5 Worst Airports In Africa 2017 – Survey - November 18, 2017