10 Unbelievable And Shocking Facts About Nigeria Today
A lot of changes have occurred in Nigeria in the past 20 years… some of this changes are unbelievable while some are just plain shocking (like the increase in suicide rates) and this changes are influenced partly by factors like corruption, stupidity, western cultures etc. Anyways sit tight as i take you through the 10 Unbelievable And Shocking Facts About Nigeria Today
1. People now celebrate crooked politicians
We are in a Nigeria now where convicted politicians are celebrated in their hometowns.
2. No one goes to the cyber cafe again
We now have the internet in our pockets (phones) and bags (laptops), no one ever thought this day would come.
3. Divorce rate in the country is increasing
The word ‘divorce’ used to be a taboo in Nigeria, but now no one respects the institution of marriage anymore. All thanks to america, Gods own country.
4. Suicide rate is also increasing
Never in the history of Nigeria has suicide been so widespread. There is so much despair in the land.
5. Terror attacks are now a norm
Terror attacks used to be something we saw only in foreign news but not anymore, now we have boko haram, herdsmen, ND avengers etc.. We never thought this day would come.
6. More parents are now pushing their kids into entertainmeng
Parents have seen how much money can be made from football, music, comedy etc they are now the ones encouraging their kids to nurture their talent.
In those days the reverse was the case.
7. We now have a made in Nigeria car
Which is very awesome,. Thanks innoson.
8. There are more prisoners in the country than there were 20 years ago
Since its inception in 1861 there has been a steady rise in the population of people in our prisons. According to prisonstudies.org there were a little over 41,000 prisoners in Nigeria in the 80’s, but now that number has gone up to 67,000.
9. There are more billionaires in Nigeria than there were 20 years ago
A result of more people going into business.
10. Certificates dont matter anymore
Having a certificate used to be quite a very big deal and was the fastest way to get a good job in Nigeria, but not anymore… if you dont know someone at the top then you are on your own.
Latest posts by Anele (see all)
- Nigeria Remains Country With The Highest Smartphone Penetration In The World - September 21, 2017
- Nigerian lawyer Receives Top United Nations Award - September 19, 2017
- Lesotho Becomes the First Nation In Africa to Grant a Legal Licence for Growing Marijuana - September 19, 2017
Get Rid Of Boredom
Subscribe to New Posts via EmailYou can also receive Sms notifications of new posts directly to your phone by clicking here