Top 10 Happiest Countries in Africa – UN Annual Happiness Report 2017
The United Nations annual World Happiness Report has named Algeria Africa’s happiest country, while naming Nigeria the 6th happiest country in Africa.
See also: 7 reasons why you should smile more
The aim of the report, said Mr Jeffrey Sachs, director of the Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) and special adviser to the United Nations Secretary-General, is to provide another tool for governments, businesses and civil societies to help their countries find a better way to well-being.
The report which ranked 155 countries by their happiness levels, was released today 20th march 2017 (World Happiness Day) by the United Nations at an event celebrating International Day of Happiness. And according to the report, these are the 10 most happiest countries in Africa.
Happiest Countries in Africa 2017
10. Sierra leone
7. South africa
UN Recipe For Happiness
Incase you are wondering, the happiness report was produced by creating average scores based on six areas for each country:
- per capita gross domestic product (GDP)
- healthy life expectancy
- social support
- absence of corruption in government or business
Latest posts by Anele (see all)
- 10 African Cultures That Inspired The ‘Black Panther’ Costumes - February 23, 2018
- South Africa Ranked As One Of the Most Miserable Countries In The World - February 23, 2018
- Top 15 Least Corrupt Countries In Africa, 2018 - February 22, 2018