Reasons Why We Hate The Nigerian Police
As an individual living in Nigeria if you haven’t gotten in trouble with the Nigerian police, just wait, your turn will come.
Here are 20 reasons why we hate the Nigerian Police.
1. They are bullies
They expect you to be calm while they talk and treat you however they want, doing otherwise makes you a cultist.
2. They expect you to talk and treat them with respect even though they dont deserve it. Like say dem no know say respect is reciprocal.
3. They don’t respect the law
They never act in compliance with the law, they act like they are above it.
4. They just won’t stop collecting bribes and extorting money from motorists
I don’t blame them for this though, i heard they make more money in a week by taking bribes than they do in a whole month of honest work.
5. Nigerian police men are always right, even when they are wrong
The Police are “never” wrong, they never admit to mistakes!
6. They keep arriving at crime scenes hours after the crime has being committed.
7. They are really good at abusing their power
8. Harassing people is their specialty, it doesnt matter whether you are innocent or guilty.
9. They profile you based on what you look like
Just because i’m carrying an afro or dreadlock, doesn’t mean i’m a yahoo boy.
10. Never mind the saying innocent until proven guilty. To the Nigerian police you are guilty until proven innocent.
11. They suck at their job
Because of this Nigerian soldiers are now being overworked.
12. Most of them lack the basic training required of a policeman.
I can’t say its their fault though.
13. They always run away when faced with danger.
14. To them all protest are illegal. Unless it’s a protest in support of the government, then it is legal.
15. Nigerian Police are only out to serve and protect the elite citizens.
You can tell because they only bring out their best when a rich man is involved.
16. They still charge for bail
Even though “bail is free” is written boldly in all police stations all over Nigeria.
17. Nigerian policemen feel like they have the right to just arrest anyone at will, go through someones phone without a warrant.
18. It doesn’t matter whether you are guilty or not, your own have finish if you refuse to get into their hilux.
19. We hate them because they are trigger happy. They can shoot you for refusing to give them bribe.
20. They are criminals in uniform.
Read also: Top 10 ways to avoid getting shot by a member of the Nigerian police force (The Post That Could Save Your Life)
Latest posts by Anele (see all)
- Nigeria Remains Country With The Highest Smartphone Penetration In The World - September 21, 2017
- Nigerian lawyer Receives Top United Nations Award - September 19, 2017
- Lesotho Becomes the First Nation In Africa to Grant a Legal Licence for Growing Marijuana - September 19, 2017
Get Rid Of Boredom
Subscribe to New Posts via EmailYou can also receive Sms notifications of new posts directly to your phone by clicking here