7 Incredibly Realistic Drawings By Nigerian Arinze Stanley
If you don’t know him already, Arinze Stanley is a super talented Nigerian artist – You’d agree after you see his incredible pencil artwork below- He draws mostly close-up portraits of human faces. Portraits that are very hard to believe are not black and white photographs.
And the interesting thing about him is, he actually never studied art – he is completely self-taught.
To see how inhuman his artistic ability is… check out these 7 incredible realistic drawings by Nigerian Arinze Stanley.
1. Sometimes it’s almost like I’m not in control of my pencil,” he adds. “It’s sort of like energy transfer: most times I feel like I transfer my energy into a blank piece of paper through my pencils and it becomes art.”
2. Stanley, hails from Imo State in Eastern Nigeria but has spent most of his entire life in Lagos.
3. Every pore, every nostril hair, every bead of sweat and eyelid wrinkle is dutifully translated to his drawings
4. I have always loved to make realistic drawings
5. “I draw inspiration from life experiences and basically everything that sparks a feeling of necessity, I love to express deep and strong emotions, as I find them most attractive.”
6. Practice, patience, and persistence’ is Arinze Stanley Egbe’s motto
7. “I’ve always expressed myself through drawings for as long as I can remember even though I never got any art training”
Amazing aren’t they..
Also see his interview with huffpost.
Picture sources: facebook, instagram, twitter.
Latest posts by Anele (see all)
- Nigeria Among World Top 10 Worst Countries With Access To Basic Sanitation - November 22, 2017
- Top 10 Highest Paid Female Musicians In 2017 – Forbes - November 21, 2017
- Nigeria Ranked 35 out of 54 African Countries in Overall Governance -IIAG - November 21, 2017