Positive Things That Are Taking Place In Nigeria Right Now
Thanks to the illusion brought on by the advent of social media and 24-hour news cycles many people think that the only thing Nigeria is good at is falling apart; But in truth thats not the only thing we are good at, here are 10 positive things that are taking place in Nigeria right now.
1. We are winning the war against polio
Thanks to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and our federal government, polio has nearly been eradicated from the country.
2. Access to Information
More people in the country have access to information and thus education than ever before thanks to the rapid spread of the internet.
3. Child mortality rates are lower
Yes, child mortality rates are lowere than they have ever been in Nigeria’s history
In the late 90’s, we had about 100 infant deaths per 1,000 live births but now the number has gone down to 71.20 deaths per 1,000 live births.
4. More Women are now going to school
This was not the case in the 70’s 80’s and 90’s… Recently World Bank earmarked $100 million for Girl Child Education in 5 Northern States In Nigeria.
5. Faster internet like never before
Thanks to the newly introduced 4G LTE technology, which provides superfast internet speed and connections. Downloading doesnt take as much time as it used to 5 years ago.
6. We are winning the war against malaria
Although malaria remains the leading cause of death in Nigeria, the number of deaths caused by the scourge fell from 227,645 in 1990 to 192,284 in 2015.
7. More youths are going into Agriculture
In the past, many saw agriculture as a career that entailed life-long labour on farmlands. This view is, however, fast-changing as a crop of new young agric entrepreneurs are coming up.
8. More graduates are starting their own business
Yes, more and more graduates are now starting their own businesses.
9. The war against boko Haram terrorists is almost over
All thanks to our focused and determined soldiers.
10. More looted funds are been recovered
All thanks to the whistle blowing policy that was adopted by the government of Nigeria. There are claims that the policy has helped recover more than US$200 million in just three months.
11. More Women are going into politics
From 1999-2009, there has been an improvement on the number of women politicians in the country, and this i think is a good thing.
Latest posts by Anele (see all)
- 10 Pornstars Who Gave Their Life to Christ After Years Of Living In Bondage - August 6, 2017
- Top 10 Most Viewed African Music Videos on Youtube - August 4, 2017
- Top 3 Evil Qualities In Men That Women Think Are Attractive - August 3, 2017
Get Rid Of Boredom
Subscribe to New Posts via EmailYou can also receive Sms notifications of new posts directly to your phone by clicking here