Christmas in Nigeria: The Unarguable Facts
So, that day is here again, christmas.. Here are some facts about Christmas in Nigeria
1. Christmas is the most celebrated annual holiday in Nigeria
About 60 percent of Nigerians are Christians, while the other 40 percent are comprised of Muslims and traditional believers. So its no surprise at all that the season is the most celebrated holiday in Nigeria.
2. Many families would start the day by first going to church, including those who have not being to church since the beginning of the year.
3. All christain families in Nigeria -mine included- would celebrate christmas and about 1 in 3 of this families would kill a chicken -some will kill two- this Christmas. Yea, so many chickens will die this christmas. And i’m talking about more than a 100million chicken.
4. Seeing as the idea of Christmas rice has become a tradition in the country, virtually all Christians in Nigeria will prepare a big pot of rice -jellof rice, fried rice, coconut rice etc- to celebrate the birth of Christ.
5. And this one is a fact, many people are going to purge on this day mainly because we ate so much, more than our stomach needs.
God i love christmas
Latest posts by Anele (see all)
- Nigeria Ranked 35 out of 54 African Countries in Overall Governance -IIAG - November 21, 2017
- Nigeria Forecasted To Become The Extreme Poverty Capital Of The World By 2018 - November 19, 2017
- 7 Things Our Nigerian Pastors Can Learn from Pope Francis - November 19, 2017