Christmas in Nigeria: The Unarguable Facts
So, that day is here again, christmas.. Here are some facts about Christmas in Nigeria
1. Christmas is the most celebrated annual holiday in Nigeria
About 60 percent of Nigerians are Christians, while the other 40 percent are comprised of Muslims and traditional believers. So its no surprise at all that the season is the most celebrated holiday in Nigeria.
2. Many families would start the day by first going to church, including those who have not being to church since the beginning of the year.
3. All christain families in Nigeria -mine included- would celebrate christmas and about 1 in 3 of this families would kill a chicken -some will kill two- this Christmas. Yea, so many chickens will die this christmas. And i’m talking about more than a 100million chicken.
4. Seeing as the idea of Christmas rice has become a tradition in the country, virtually all Christians in Nigeria will prepare a big pot of rice -jellof rice, fried rice, coconut rice etc- to celebrate the birth of Christ.
5. And this one is a fact, many people are going to purge on this day mainly because we ate so much, more than our stomach needs.
God i love christmas
Latest posts by Anele (see all)
- This New Study Suggests Women Use Their Brains Alot More Than Men - September 17, 2017
- How Christianity Was Used to Exploit Africans - September 16, 2017
- Everyday Foods That Are Linked To Higher Intelligence - September 15, 2017
Get Rid Of Boredom
Subscribe to New Posts via EmailYou can also receive Sms notifications of new posts directly to your phone by clicking here