Forbes: Top 10 Highest Earning Athletes Under 30 (2016)
Here are Forbes top 10 highest earning athletes under 30.
10. Gareth Bale (27 – Soccer)
Wales’ answer to Ronaldo took home $35.9M last year, with Real Madrid and his national team forking out $24.9M of that amount. The remaining $11M came from sponsorship deals. Getty.
9. Neymar (24 – Soccer)
8. Sebastian Vettel (29 – Formula One)
The German Scuderia Ferrari driver added $41M to his bank balance last year – $40M coming from prize money and salary, with a further $1M coming from sponsorship deals.
7. Russell Wilson (27 – Football)
The Seattle Seahawks QB netted $41.8M, with salary and bonuses making up $31.8M of that amount. His endorsements deals were valued at $10M.
6. The Northern Irish Olympic dodger saw his bank balance rise by $42.6M. Winnings accounted for $7.6M, but it was $32M in endorsements that brought home most the bread.
5. Jordan Spieth (23 – Golf)
The youngest member on the list, Spieth accumulated $52.8 million in 2015, with prize money accounting for $20.8 of the total sum. $32 million of golf’s golden boy’s income came was earned through endorsements.
4. Cam Newton (27 – Football)
The Carolina Panthers double threat QB was paid $53.1 M, $41.1 M of which came in the form of his salary and earnings. The remaining $12 million came through endorsement deals.
3. Novak Djokovic (29 -Tennis)
The Serb Grand Slam collector has netted $55.8 M in 2016, with prize money making up $21.8 M of his income. Endorsement deals made up the remaining $34 million.
2. Kevin Durant (28 – Basketball)
The Dub Nation newbie pocketed $56.2 M, $20.2 M of which was paid to him by old club, Oklahoma. He also earned took home a cool $28 M from sponsorship deals.
1. Lionel Messi (29 – Soccer)
The living, breathing Barcelona legend earned $81.4 M, $53.4 M of which came in the form of salary and bonuses. His endorsement deals amounted to $28 M.
Latest posts by Anele (see all)
- 6 Powerful Quotes from Great Female African Leaders - July 23, 2017
- Top African CEO Shares 10 Tips on Why Your Money Doesn’t Grow - July 23, 2017
- South African Circumcision Rite: A Dangerous Route to Adulthood - July 23, 2017
Get Rid Of Boredom
Subscribe to New Posts via EmailYou can also receive Sms notifications of new posts directly to your phone by clicking here