10 Things That Are Just So Normal in Nigeria
There are certain things that are just so normal in Nigeria that when they happen we don’t get bothered, worried or even think about it.
Here are 10 things that are just so normal in Nigeria.
1. Channels TV winning best TV station
The station’s bias for news has placed it well above other competitors in the Nigerian television industry. So it Usually comes as no surprise whenever the award is given to them.
2. Politicians not fulfilling their campaign promises
During election periods they often try to outdo each other by making promises they have no intention of keeping in order to win votes. In Nigeria this is a trend we just believe has come to stay.
3. Churches building schools their members can’t afford
Why this church-owned universities set their fees so high that the common man can’t afford to enroll his children is beyond my comprehension. But i’m sure they have their reasons.
4. Golden eaglets winning U17 world cup
5. Police harassment
A typical Nigerian knows this for a fact. Even the Nigerian police will tell you that harassment of citizens is a normal thing.
6. Dstv losing its signal whenever the weather changes
Dont know why it is so, but this also is a normal thing. When it happens all we do is curse and wait for the signal to be restored.
7. Harrasment in tertiary institutions
Researchers of international repute once described Nigerian tertiary institutions as sex colonies were rape and other forms of coerced copulation and sexual harrassment are practiced without sanctions. Most times by our so called lecturers.
The sad part is we have learnt to live with it.
8. Epileptic power supply in Nigeria
Its so bad that whenever they give us steady light, we get scared, because its not normal, we have gotten used to the epileptic power supply in Nigeria.
9. Bribery & Corruption
Every Nigerian complains about bribery and corruption but we are all part of it. No single Nigerian can come out and say he has not indulged in bribery and corruption before. Its a norm.
Most people have gotten so used to corruption that they dont like the idea of a corrupt free Nigeria.
10. Jungle justice
Seeing angry youths meting out jungle justice on a suspected crinunal is also a norm in our country, most times passers by dont even bother to intervene because they know better. Even the Government cant do anything about it.
Latest posts by Anele (see all)
- Nigeria Remains Country With The Highest Smartphone Penetration In The World - September 21, 2017
- Nigerian lawyer Receives Top United Nations Award - September 19, 2017
- Lesotho Becomes the First Nation In Africa to Grant a Legal Licence for Growing Marijuana - September 19, 2017
Get Rid Of Boredom
Subscribe to New Posts via EmailYou can also receive Sms notifications of new posts directly to your phone by clicking here